Borum Industrial Pan & Box Brake Metal Box Making Machine
✓ Fast Shipping + Order Tracking
✓ Pickup In-Store Available
✓ Questions? Call Us: 1300 913 047
Estimated Arrival: Between and .
Heavy-duty Steel Construction Borum Industrial Pan & Box Brake Metal Box Making Machine
The Borum Industrial Pan & Box Brake Metal Box Making Machine was perfectly designed to make metal boxes and pans that cannot be created with a straight brake. This Borum machine features simplicity of design that allows the SMB1220 brake to work efficiently without any frills.
Easy to set up and operate, the unit body sections are welded steel plates, with heavy truss rods and braces for longer life and greater strength.
Features and Benefits
- Sixteen Hardened fingers of various lengths, enabling you to make a wide range of boxes and pans
- Unit torsion system that prevents the beam from twisting
- Features a stop rod, so you can make repeatable bends all day long
- Has a rigid steel frame to keep the machine from flexing and ensure reliable quality results
- Maximum Bending Width: 1220mm
- Maximum Folding Thickness: 1.5mm
- Stainless Steel Maximum Capacity: 1.2mm
- Mild Steel Maximum Capacity: 1.5mm
- Aluminium Maximum Capacity: 2mm
- Bending Angle: 0 - 135Φ
- Die Size: 5 x 2", 6 x 3", 5 x 4"
- Stand sold seperately as an optional extra
What is a box-and-pan brake?
A brake is a metalworking machine that allows the bending of sheet metal. A cornice brake only allows for simple bends and creases, while a box-and-pan brake also allows one to form box and pan shapes. It is also known as a bending machine or bending brake or a sheet metal folder.
How To Use The Borum Industrial Pan & Box Brake Metal Box Making Machine
The steps below explain the basics to make a sheet metal box or pan with a Pan & Box Brake. It is also possible to bend and flatten a hem, to form a radius, and to bend a zig-zag. The standard procedure for making a simple bend in sheet metal using a handbrake machine is as follows:
How to Make a Fold:
- Insert sheet metal under clamping bar.
- Adjust clamping handle cam for metal thickness.
- Measure and position the sheet metal edge the correct distance parallel to the clamping bar.
- Pull down the clamping handles at each end to clamp the metal in place.
- Set the stop rod to stop the bend apron at the angle you want (usually 90 degrees).
- Bend at your knees and lift the 2 handles under the apron until the stop rod stops the apron.
- Slowly bring the apron back down. Release the clamping handles.
Other Uses For The Borum Industrial Pan & Box Brake Metal Box Making Machine
Another common use for the machine is hemming. Start by bending your metal to 135 degrees and then flatten a hem against the top of the clamping bar using the apron all the way against it. If the sheet metal is very thin you can instead flatten the hem under the clamping bar.
How To Make a Box
- Layout the shape of your box on a piece of sheet metal.
- Cut away or notch out the 4 corners of the sheet metal that you will not use.
- Bend the first 2 opposite sides of your box to 90 degrees.
- Remove the 2 fingers that are in the way of bending your 3rd and 4th box sides.
- Set Fingers in partially opened Top Leaf with Screws and Nose Clamp Bar Bolts loose.
- With Angle Bar mounted to Leaf bring up Bending Leaf using it's pressure to straight-line of Nose Bars.
- Tighten Screws and Clamp Bar Bolts after making sure the gaps between fingers are even.
- Bend up one side at a time using the stop rod set for a 90-degree bend.
Note: Colour, tone, finish and style of actual products may differ from those shown in the product images.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Hi, Can i bend 3mm aluminium in shorter lenght,eg 600mm long. Thanks Mick
The Borum Industrial Pan & Box Brake Metal Box Making Machine has a 2mm max capacity for aluminium so 3mm will not be suitable.
Weight? Shipping cost to Warwick Queensland?
The Borum Industrial Pan & Box Brake Metal Box Making Machine weighs approx 168kgs and we can ship this to you from the WA warehouse to Warwick for $233.