Moving from one city to another has its own problems. If you want to transport your golf cart to a new location, it has its own share of issues.
Loading a golf cart into the back of a ute, truck or a trailer is a simple procedure that should take no longer than 30 minutes to complete with the proper equipment. Transporting a golf cart in your truck on your own can save you a significant amount of money as compared to renting a truck for this specific purpose.
Though it may sound difficult, it is actually quite simple with the proper instructions. Below are tried and tested tips and tricks on how to load your golf cart without giving you either a headache or a backache.
- Attach your aluminium ramps to the truck so that they are the tires' width apart from one another.
- Note that the tire width will vary depending on the golf cart you are loading, so measure the distance between the two prior to attaching them.
- Remember that the ramps will latch right onto the back of the truck bed. If they do not easily connect, consult the instruction manual that came with the ramps.
- Start the golf cart and carefully drive the vehicle up the ramps as far as you can until you reach the back wall of the truck's cab.
- Also note that for trucks with a standard-size bed, you will not be able to put up the back latch with the golf cart in the vehicle.
- Secure the golf cart in place by taking two nylon ratchet straps and fixing them around the carts load points and attaching them to the sides of the truck's bed to hold the cart in place during transit.
So to ensure a hassle-free, flawless shipping of your golf cart follow the rules above. Failure to do so can result in the vehicle moving during transportation and possibly falling out of the back.
Also, it’s important to choose the correct ramp for your requirements. There’s a wide variety of ramps available and it’s important to ensure that the incline isn’t too steep too. Need assistance on choosing the best ramp for your golf cart transport? Contact us today and we’ll be happy to answer all of your questions to ensure you get the best and safest loading ramp!
Shop UTV & Golf Cart Ramps