Moving a golf cart from point A to point B requires a lot of consideration from planning and prior research unless of course, it is across a golf course! Most often, it is needed to haul or trailer a golf cart to move a cart from one course to another. Hauling a cart is a moderately easy process, yet care and deliberation also must go into the process. If you have a proper trailer or tow-hitch, and you don’t intend to transport the golf cart far, then you may be fully capable of taking care of this mission yourself. Here are some tips to make it easy for you to do so:
- Connect the trailer to the towing vehicle.
- Attach the ball receiver of the trailer over the top of the hitch ball, which is attached to the tow hitch of the vehicle. It is necessary to lift open the hitch latch located on the ball receiver of the trailer.
- Securely latch the ball receiver of the trailer shut by pushing down the latch.
- Secure the latch with a pin or lock through the small hole located at the front of the latch. This will also help prevent theft of the trailer as this locks the hitch
- Connect the wiring harness from the tow vehicle to the harness of the trailer.
- Drop the ramp gate of the trailer, if so equipped. It will be necessary to remove the side latch pins to release the gate down to the ground.
- If no gate is present on the trailer position two portable ramps on the edge of the trailer to enable the cart to drive in.
- Load the golf cart onto the trailer by driving it to the front of the trailer rail.
- Set the parking brake securely and use a ratchet or tie-down straps to secure the cart to the trailer.
- Close the ramp and secure it with the side latch pins.
- Tow the trailer at or slightly below the posted speed limit.
- Take care to watch the trailer when making turns and to allow extra room when passing other vehicles.
At the end of the day, you can ensure problem-free, seamless shipping of your golf cart if you keep some points in mind. If you forget these steps, there is the danger that the cart will roll out of the truck during transit. And if you are in the market for a golf cart ramp please send us an email through the contact page or call us at 1300 913 047 for a quote. It will only take a minute and will save you money.